Thursday, October 31, 2013

CBIG Member, Faythe Mills talks about her most recent book project!

MR WIGGLEBOTTOM: A Child, a Chicken, and a Chance

(My latest illustration adventure...a chapter book written by
Patsy Shannon. )

I found my most recent illustration project on Craig’s List. Author, Patsy Shannon was looking for an illustrator for a book she had yet to finish.

I don’t normally go on Craig’s List but I went there looking for graphic (design) opportunities and found an illustration opportunity instead. 

Fortunately, Patsy liked my style of illustrations so she hired me to illustrate her book.

Because I had never illustrated a chapter book, I decided it was a good idea to go to the library and look at other examples. After much research and brainstorming, I decided to do the interior illustrations in pencil. Since most chapter book illustrations are done in black & white, this seemed to make the most sense. However, I created the cover in full color, using soft pastels.

The book is about a young girl who raises a chicken from an egg. My granddaughter, Alayna, is my model for the young girl. She had fun at Patsy’s hobby farm posing with the chickens, roosters, goats and all.

The book should be done by Spring 2014. I’m currently working on
the 6th illustration while developing the compositions for the remaining illustrations in the book.

You can learn more about Faythe Mills and her art by visiting her Website at www.faythemills.com .

No comments: